The most important items to make sure you pack correctly would be your electronics. Knowing how to protect, and how to pack electronics for your move is a useful skill to have. We have a few easy steps for packing electronics on your move.
- Back up all your data on everything.
- Take a picture of how it is connected for future reference and label all cables for connection.
- Pack in original box if possible.
- Use cardboard or antistatic bubblewraps.
- Follow Precautions on packing electronics.
- Back up all your data– make sure to go and make a copy of all files that are important. Back them up to two different locations to be sure that they are safe
- Photograph and label all cables– Taking a picture to have a visual of all connections will help make it easier for when you have to set up. Also labeling cables will ensure that you know exactly what goes where.
- Pack in original box– This would be the safest way to transport if you have kept the foam protector that it came in when it was new.
- Packing Materials– Make sure to have enough moving material and to secure the item in the box. Make sure to fill in all empty space within the cardboard box.